You can read the eBooks bought from a Qbend-powered store on your iPad or iPhone or iPodTouch (iOS devices) by following the few simple steps below.
- Installing the reader software
- Copying or downloading the eBook
Installing reader software
To read your eBooks on your iOS device, you will need a reader software that supports Adobe DRM. We recommend an app called Bluefire Reader. There are other apps that do the same function and you are free to choose what appeals to you. You can search for eBook readers on the iOS AppStore but check that they support Adobe DRM before you install them. This guide is going to use Bluefire Reader as the example throughout.
- If you do not have it installed already, first download the Bluefire Reader app for iOS from the link here.
- Once installed, launch the Bluefire Reader app and go to the “Info” page.
- Type in your Adobe ID credentials here to authorize Bluefire Reader to read DRM-protected eBooks. If you do not have an Adobe ID, you can register for free at www.adobe.com. This is a very important step because your eBook will be locked to this Adobe ID and will only be readable on devices that you have authorized with this Adobe ID.
- Once you authorize your Bluefire Reader app, you are ready to load your eBooks on your iOS device.
Copying or downloading the eBook
There are multiple ways in which you can transfer your eBook to your iOS device.
Copying from your PC
If you have already downloaded your eBook to your Windows PC or Mac using Adobe Digital Editions, you need to make sure that the eBook permissions allow you to read it on multiple devices. This can be found by right-clicking on the eBook in the Adobe Digital Editions library and selecting “Get Info”. If it says “Read on any device” or something similar, you are allowed to use it on other devices.
Here are the steps to copy the eBook from your Windows or Mac PC to your iOS device.
- Connect your iOS device to your Windows or Mac PC.
- Open iTunes and wait for the device to show up in the “Devices” section on the sidebar.
- Select your devices from the sidebar and click on the “Apps” tab.
- Select Bluefire Reader from the apps listed in the “File Sharing” panel.
- Click on the “Add” button and select the eBook that you want to copy to your iOS device. If you are using a Windows PC, the eBook file will typically be located in “My Documents / Adobe Digital Editons” and on a Mac, it is typically located in “Documents / Adobe Digital Editions”.
- Eject your iOS device from iTunes.
You should be able to see the eBook on your iOS device if you open the Bluefire Reader app.
Downloading directly on your iOS device
You can download the eBook directly to your iOS device if you have already authorized the Bluefire Reader app. If you are downloading it to your iOS device and intend to use it on other devices too, ensure that you use the same Adobe ID on all your devices.
- Open the browser on your iOS device and go to the store from which you purchased the eBook.
- Log in to the store and navigate to the “Download Basket” page.
- Click on the “Download” button next to your eBook on the “Download Basket” page.
- When prompted, click on “Open with Bluefire Reader”. Your eBook will download automatically and open in the Bluefire Reader app.